Sunday, March 31, 2013

Playing Doctor has found a home!

I'm happy to announce that my debut book, Playing Doctor has found a happy home with Entangled Publishing, and has a tentative release date of September with their Ever After imprint!


This little book has come a long way from the two paragraph blurb for the M&B Medical pitch in February of 2012. [see earlier post].

In June of last year, I sent the first three chapters to Heather Howland, who asked for the full upon completion. It took me a while to get it just the way I wanted it. I worked on it during Entangled Smackdown with Heather and her wonderful assistants, Sue and Tahra, who gave a great 20-page critique.

In the meantime, I was doing a writer's workshops on Savvy Authors using the first chapter of PD for the class, and the editor of Total E-Bound [who was conducting the class] asked to see the manuscript. I thought it would be a good opportunity to get feedback, and so I sent it to her. Much to my surprise, I was offered a contract for the book. This was a good thing, but I had my heart set on Entangled!

On February 25th of this year, I sent the completed manuscript to Entangled, not to the Brazen imprint as I had originally intended, but to the Ever After imprint, as it just felt right to end the story as a novella, and it was forwarded to Heather Howland. On March 15th, I accepted a contract with them!

Now, as I anxiously await the first round of edits, I'm working on the book for the secondary characters of Playing Doctor, Ian Montgomery and Eve Winters, titled, Educating Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment